Go vertical with the original decorative Patchwork Rug Wall Display Hanger from The Cowhide Store.
Our hand crafted in USA wooden rug hangers are available in a variety of colors and finishes, and come in sizes from 18 inches to 94 inches wide.
Here's how to easily display a rectangular cowhide area rug on the wall to create a wall art piece like no other. Our patchwork rug hangers come in lengths to fit any size rug.
- Decide where you want to mount your rug. Then place the front of the assembled rug hanger against the wall and be sure it is level. Then mark holes on the wall directly below the center of the sawtooth hooks. Use the marks to install mounting screws (not included) into your wall. Be sure and use screws (and wall anchors if necessary) that are correct for the wall material and are rated for the combined weight of your rug and the hanger.
- Place the rug hanger front-side-down on a table, and loosen or remove the screws that hold the two pieces of your rug hanger together.
- Separate the back and front pieces so you can place the edge of your rug between them.
- Place the top edge of your rug face down between the two pieces just below the screw holes. Be sure not to cover the holes.
- Replace the back piece (if you removed it in step 1), and tighten the screws snugly enough to hold the edge of the rug. Be careful not to pierce the rug with the screws (if you completely removed the back piece in step 1).
- Lift the entire rug hanger and rug assembly onto the screws that you installed in step 1.